domingo, 9 de junio de 2013

SMEX

Just want this thesis to be done. :(

Just want this thesis to be done. :(

tini21: monday eye candy: julie delpy



tini21:

monday eye candy:

julie delpy

Photo



I am one big incubator of germs.  At the worst possible time.  I’m going to lie in bed and...

I am one big incubator of germs.  At the worst possible time.  I’m going to lie in bed and watch movies in French to brush up because the stress of this is making me insane.

Audio



heaveninawildflower: Carl Larsson (1853–1919). Wikimedia.



heaveninawildflower:

Carl Larsson (1853–1919).

Wikimedia.

Solaris (2002)



Solaris (2002)

"Absence, Or presence ever at play: Let those scorn you who never Starved in your dearth. If I Dare..."

"Absence,
Or presence ever at play:
Let those scorn you who never
Starved in your dearth. If I
Dare to disparage
Your harp of shadows I taste
Wormwood and motor oil, I pour
Ashes on my head. You are the wound. You
Be the medicine."

- Robert Pinsky, from "Ode to Meaning" in Jersey Rain

What are we doing?We’re sittin’ on a ruin

What are we doing?
We’re sittin’ on a ruin

"Don't listen to me; my heart's been broken. I don't see anything objectively. I know myself; I've..."

"Don't listen to me; my heart's been broken.
I don't see anything objectively.

I know myself; I've learned to hear like a psychiatrist.
When I speak passionately,
that's when I'm least to be trusted.

It's very sad, really: all my life, I've been praised
for my intelligence, my powers of language, of insight.
In the end, they're wasted—

I never see myself,
standing on the front steps, holding my sister's hand.
That's why I can't account
for the bruises on her arm, where the sleeve ends.

In my own mind, I'm invisible: that's why I'm dangerous.
People like me, who seem selfless,
we're the cripples, the liars;
we're the ones who should be factored out
in the interest of truth.

When I'm quiet, that's when the truth emerges.
A clear sky, the clouds like white fibers.
Underneath, a little gray house, the azaleas
red and bright pink.

If you want the truth, you have to close yourself
to the older daughter, block her out:
when a living thing is hurt like that,
in its deepest workings,
all function is altered.

That's why I'm not to be trusted.
Because a wound to the heart
is also a wound to the mind.

"

- Louise Elisabeth Glück, The Untrustworthy Speaker (via violentwavesofemotion)

bofransson: Landscape Emile Nolde - 1908



bofransson:

Landscape Emile Nolde - 1908

snowce: Abbott Handerson Thayer, Roses, 1890



snowce:

Abbott Handerson Thayer, Roses, 1890

commovente: LitanyRebecca Lindenberg  O you gods, you long-limbed animals, you astride the sea and...

commovente:

Litany
Rebecca Lindenberg 

O you gods, you long-limbed animals, you 
astride the sea and you unhammocked
in the cypress grove and you with your hair
full of horses, please. My thoughts have turned
from the savor of plums to the merits
of pity — touch and interrupt me, 
chasten me with awe. Seed god and husk god, 
god of the open palm, you know the doubts
that harrow me, you know my wrists are small.
O you, with glass-colored wind at your call, 
and you, whose voice is soft as a turned page, 
whose voice returns the air to its forms, send me
a word for faith that also means his thrum, 
his coax, and her soft hollow — please, friend gods, 
so when he says, You give it all away, 
                           
I can say, I am not sorry. 

"That was the hardest scene I've ever had to write. It's two-thirds of the way through the book, but..."

"That was the hardest scene I've ever had to write. It's two-thirds of the way through the book, but I skipped over it when I came to it. So the entire book was done and there was still that one chapter left. Then I wrote it. It was like murdering two of your children. I try to make the readers feel they've lived the events of the book. Just as you grieve if a friend is killed, you should grieve if a fictional character is killed. You should care. If somebody dies and you just go get more popcorn, it's a superficial experience isn't it?"

- George R. R. Martin re: The Red Wedding (via lyndsayfaye)

lecollecteur: 1929, Art Deco Interior



lecollecteur:

1929, Art Deco Interior

I smell like summer sweat after a day of football and biking.  Its a nostalgic smell, and very...

I smell like summer sweat after a day of football and biking.  
Its a nostalgic smell, and very welcome.

replicants6: Beginners (2010)



replicants6:

Beginners (2010)

Photo



Photo



belgianpaintings: Jean Delville (1867-1953) - Le paradis...



belgianpaintings:

Jean Delville (1867-1953) - Le paradis terrestre, 1934

2 comentarios:

  1. If you're trying to buy bitcoins online, Paxful is the ultimate source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Card and even converting your gift cards for bitcoins.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. There's shocking news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software

    ResponderEliminar